You should also consider the layout of your kitchen and the space awarded for your refrigerator, freezer, and fridge freezer. Size is very important before purchasing; Teletime always recommends that you come into one of our stores and speak with one of our experts to see the different sizes, shapes, styles. Let's put you in the appropriate position to feel confident about your refrigerator selection.
May it be a Top-freezer refrigerator your considering or a French door refrigerator, before you choose your item there is a Must-Do checklist Teletime recommends to you:
Measure the height, width, and depth of the space you have allowed in your kitchen. (Do this several times to ensure accuracy)
- Always account for access into adjacent spaces and door opening room. The hinge size and cupboards or appliances next to the fridge.
- Be aware of the constraints on moving the item into your home- Which entry works best, does furniture or other household items need to be moved.
- As much ventilation space as possible is always recommended for appliances. Allowing the heat to escape will help ensure optimum performance of your appliance. Note: If the recommended spacing is not available, it may cause the appliance to consume more power, increase the cost of running the machine, and reduce the cooling performance.
- Ensure the area allows your fridge to be placed in a normal room temperature. A consistent ambient climate can help your item perform better and last longer. If you are placing your refrigerator in a garage or outdoor setting, make sure you choose an appliance that's designed to tolerate the elements.
- If you are choosing an appliance with a water or ice dispenser that requires connected plumbing, make sure you can install it within the guidelines and parameters of the water source.
To be safe, allow time for your refrigerator to settle. When your item arrives (pick-up/ free scheduled delivery), you will need to let it stand in its intended upright position for about four hours before you plug it in. If it has been transported in the upright position, less wait time is possible. However, Teletime can't guarantee the same transportation scenario for every fridge- It's always better to lean on the side of caution and allow the gasses inside your new item to settle. Also, before plugging in the appliance, remove all packaging, clean out all the compartments with soft chemicals (soap and water), and wipe down the outside of the fridge.
After you have followed all of Teletime's Guidelines, plug your fridge into a main socket and follow the instructions from the Manufacturers Manual. Decide what controls need to be changed and what temperature you would like to set for your refrigerator. Normally a temperature in the middle of the allowed settings can be a great place to start. This will help you get an idea of the temperature capability of the fridge and aid in making any adjustments later. Once all the settings are at their correct values, you will need to wait a few hours for the appliance to reach the indented temperature. Some of the appliances have a light that will signal when you can start storing food. Note: These are Teletimes Guidelines that are simplified for your convenience. However, we always recommend you check with the Manual for complete further details for your particular appliance. DO NOT throw out the manual when everything is complete - it may serve as a great information tool in the future!